Sports have always been a favorite activity for the people of Pennsylvania. However, sports betting in the country had remained unlicensed and unregulated until the spring of 2019. One of the first casinos in PA to apply for a sports betting license was Parx Casino. The Casino had been ardent about submitting requests to be allowed to run a sports betting platform in August 2018, where they paid $10 million for the license. In June 2019, Parx Casino received the green light to operate a sports betting site. Parx brick-and-mortar casino offers bettors to place bets on horse racing. Horse racing events are available on Parx East building, which covers an area of 280,000 square feet.
The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board regulates gambling activities in Keystone State. At Parx sportsbook, you can place bets on horse racing events and other popular sports. Sports betting in PA is taxed at 34% and an additional handle fee of 0.25% plus 2% local revenue share tax.
How to rate the best sports betting sites in Pennsylvania
There are about thirteen licensed sports betting sites in PA. Thus, online punters in PA do not have any difficulties choosing a betting platform. There are a few factors you have to look out for in a sports betting platform in PA.
- Availability of odds: Ensure that the sports betting site offers competitive odds on your favorite sport. The odds on each betting market should be displayed on the casino site
- Plenty of betting markets: an attractive sport betting platform offers a plethora of sports betting markets for their players. The betting market should also cover plenty of sports betting events.
- Licensing: PGCB controls sports betting in PA. Always ensure that the gaming site you choose is licensed to ensure safety.
- Bonuses and Promotions: A good sports betting platform should offer legitimate and several bonuses and promotions to new and regular customers
- Payment Options: Choose a PA betting platform that provides safe and reliable payment options.
Which is the best online sports betting site
Parx gaming platform was the second to apply for a sports betting license. Although the sports betting site is less than a year old, it has exceeded its customers’ expectations. The unique thing about the Parx betting platform is the fact that it is one of the two sports sites in PA that have mobile applications. Another exciting thing about the Parx sports betting site is its rewarding bonuses and promotions. This sports betting site in PA offers plenty of payment options for its players, making it a preferred site for PA punters.
What to expect at Sports betting Sites
There is plenty to enjoy at PA Sportsbooks. At Parx sportsbook you can choose to bet on a variety of sports markets such as:
- Ice Hockey
They also feature some everyday sports events from across the world, including:
- NBA Finals
- Kentucky Derby
- World Series
- Stanley Cup playoffs
Sports betting in PA sites also offers popular bet types:
- Parlay Bets
- Team Props
- Live Betting
- Early Redemption Bets
- Future Bets
Sports betting sites Bonuses and Promotions
Sports betting sites in PA offer exciting and rewarding welcome offers. There are also regular promotions and Loyalty Reward programs you can join. At Parx Sportsbook the offers include:
- No deposit bonus: This is available upon registration, $10 will be credited in your account
- Risk-Free bet: The offer is up to $250. This amount is available as a first bet bonus, where Parx casino will refund your first bet up to $250.
No promocode is required for either of the bonuses.
How to bet at the sports betting site using free cash
Welcome offers may be available in the form of no deposit bonuses at Sports betting in PA sites. This bonus allows players to play with free money without making any initial deposit. However, the bonus is only available once per player.