With soaring unemployment rates and a devastating economy, finding the right job is the most challenging task right now. Where few companies are focusing on layoffs, many brands are also recruiting new candidates through virtual interviews.
So here’s how you can brighten your chances of getting selected in these tough times with these job-hunting tips by experts:
- Recreate your resume: A well-written resume indicates how your skills and responsibilities fit into the goals of the organization. To make it more appealing, you can even present your resume in a video form with all your original work pieces, and previous achievements, and projects in it. Your resume tells the company about your commitment, ownership, and ability to strategize.
- Stay in regular contact with the recruiter: In-person contact is almost impossible during this lockdown, but that doesn’t mean you can’t stay connected with recruiters. You can contact them online via different job portals. Once you’re shortlisted, you can opt for telephonic or even virtual interviews to ensure better face-to-face interaction. In this regard, recruiters like Hunt temporary staffing can be of great help to you.
- Ask for recommendations: Recommendations provide a deeper insight into a candidate’s background, including their areas of specialization, strengths, and capabilities. If you’ve previous work experience, ask your employer for a recommendation and if you’ve just completed your graduation, then ask your lecturers for a recommendation letter. Such minute detailing and strategies will help you land a perfect job.
- Build a professional network: With several people working from home, involvement in online communities has increased substantially. This implies that you can build an extensive professional network on platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Indeed. Such engagement will help you to stay updated on the industry protocols and various other news feeds happening around the job market.
- Do online courses: Enrolling yourself in an online course will help you furnish your skillsets and also maximize your recruitment chances. So, if you want to stay ahead in the job race, pursue online courses like digital marketing, graphic designing, programming courses, and so on. You can also attend webinars and certified crash courses related to interview preparation and foreign languages.
Having said this, in times like these, availing the services of some trusted recruitment agency is the best option as they act as a bridge between employers and potential job seekers.