Whether you are undergoing a vast declutter, or you may just be hiding away 50 years worth of comic books. A storage unit is often a great solution. When it comes to renting a storage unit, though, some considerations really should be addressed.
Today we are going to take a comprehensive look at storage units and what you should know before choosing one.
What Should You Be Looking For?
There are a ton of things you should look out for when renting a storage unit. Safety and security is a top priority; here are a few other things you should be looking at before making any commitments:
- Security – CCTV, gating, fences and on-site security are just a few things you should be looking for when you first visit a storage facility. Protection is going to be crucial, especially if you are storing some of your most prized possessions.
- Accessibility – Something that may be of importance to you is access times. You should be researching if the facility is 24 hours per day. Having access to your items when you need them most is very important.
- Location – Having a storage facility close by, especially if you are going to be paying frequent visits is essential.
- Reputation – Going online and checking out the reviews for the company is vital. You can get a feel for the reputation and reliability of a company online in moments nowadays.
- Pricing – When it comes to pricing, you should always be careful. You will always get what you pay for with storage units. If you pay low prices, don’t expect a lot for your money.
How Is The Cost Determined
All costing when it comes to storage units is done on an individual unit basis. You will always pay for your requirement. You can expect the price to increase with size and also, the cost can climb should there be any special requirements.
How Do You Transport Goods?
While some people opt to hire a van or make 45 trips in their Ford KA, it is advisable to take advantage of the transport offer of the storage company. Most good storage facilities now offer a transport service, some of these services can be free.
Using the services provided by the facility is often recommended, they will have experience when it comes to this process. You will also gain extra peace of mind when it comes to your valuables.
Do You Need Insurance?
An essential requirement when it comes to self-storage facilities is the requirement for insurance. Storage companies are not liable for your goods, so they will insist that you have an insurance policy for your items.
Having an insurance policy helps give you that extra peace of mind. You should also ensure that you have an inventory and photographs of everything in the storage unit.
That is just a few of the things you should consider before renting a storage unit. When it comes to searching for a storage unit in the UK, hopefully, these little tips will help you make the right choice.